From a young age, Branden wanted to be part of a team; but the fact is, he was generally the last one picked for any team. His life was transformed one day when he spotted a Soldier of Fortune magazine on the living room coffee table. In the magazine, a soldier described how he dug a hole, climbed into it, and a piece of plywood was placed over the hole and a jeep drove over the hole. Suddenly, Branden was hooked; he knew he wanted to be part of the armed forces. He was also a swimmer, and my swim coach introduced me to the Navy Seal program.
Upon graduation from Bay City Western High School in Michigan, Branden enlisted in the Navy and reported to Boot Camp. His work ethic and teambuilding mentality escalated his time in the military. He soon graduated from Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL Training and Army Airborne School. (20% graduation rate Started with 85 and graduated 13 Seal Candidates) He spent six years of honorable service in the U.S. Navy Seal Team 2, serving 3 combat deployments in Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. During his time with the Navy, he also had extensive training in:
• M.O.U.T. (Military Operations in Urban Terrain)
• S.E.R.E. (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape)
• Air Operations including Rappelling, SPIE Rigging, Fast-roping, Rock and Ice Climbing
• Submersible Operations including SCUBA, Closed-Circuit Diving, Submarine Lockout, combat swimmer
• Arctic, Desert, and Jungle Warfare
• First Aid, Life-Saving, and Triage Medical Training
• Demolitions, Underwater Demolitions, Small Unit Tactics, and Guerrilla Warfare
Today, Branden speaks to audiences about creating a cohesive team and leading under fire. His audiences sit on the edge of their seats as he regales them with his rich storytelling and messages that can help change organizational cultures.
Your form message has been successfully sent.
You have entered the following data:
Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.